DevOps Engineer - Freelance
We are a curated network of independent IT consultant, developers, designer and product managers. Together, we empower our clients to build outstanding digital products with remote teams. By joining GetTechTalent, you'll get regular access to remote projects that match your skill profile and level of expertise. You'll work on eye-level with top peers on projects across different technologies (e.g, Mobile, Web, Blockchain, AI, Bots, etc.) and industries (Social Media, eCommerce, Legal-Tech, Fin-Tech, and more).
On a typical day on one of our projects, you will ...
- Deploy, automate, maintain, and manage cloud based environment (e.g,. on AWS or Azure)
- Set up and operate continuous integration processes and static code control
- Ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Build, release and configure management of production systems.
- Set up pre-production acceptance test to help assure the quality of products and services.
- Troubleshoot systems and solve problems across platforms and application domains.
- Suggest architecture ad process improvements
- Ensure system security through use of best in class cloud security solutions
- Evaluate new technology options
- Measure and improve application and infrastructure performance
You have “mission-critical” DevOps skills:
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and
- 3+ years’ experience with using a broad range of cloud technologies on AWS or Azure (e.g. EC2, Lambda, Aurora, RDS, S3, Elastic, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, Firebase, or related Microsoft services)
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime environment
- Solid knowledge with best practice cloud security
- Automation experience with configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Docker, Terraform, etc.)
- Strong scripting and automation skills (e.g., using Python or Bash)
- Linux administration skills
- Knowledge of deployment tools: AWS, Azure, VPN, Digital Ocean
- Experience with system monitoring tools
- Experience administrating version control systems such as Git
- Very good English skills
- Deep understanding of security on the Cloud
- OO Programming skills (Java or C#)
- DB administration experience (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience with Agile software development, project
- Understanding of network topologies and common network protocols / services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP)
- Windows server administration skills
- Long-term projects in international teams at renown startups and corporations
- Continuous access to various remote projects
- Membership in an international community that supports each other beyond projects
- Exclusive invitations to local events, meetups, and talks
- Support to become a freelance Pro
- Support to build your personal brand
- Opportunity to re-locate or work abroad on a project basis