DevOps Engineer (m/f)
Join an international team from all over the world, as a DevOps Engineer in Berlin and be part of a fast-growing eCommerce company. You will be working together with a passionate 30 people team to build an online platform for small and medium-sized businesses.
This is a job where you have a direct impact within the organisation every day, using latest technology to manage and innovate the company's infrastructure. For curious minds and learners there are wide possibilities for your professional development inside the company.
We want to offer you
- To work in an international team driven by passion
- Encouragement of personal and professional development inside the company
- Regular update meetings on the company’s achievements & challenges
- Heated kicker matches with our team
- The everyday energy boost: fresh fruit, soft drinks and coffee at all times
What your day could look like
- Supporting with managing infrastructure, deploying code and securing our customer data
- Building and supporting cloud infrastructure
- Designing, building and maintaining the development, testing and production infrastructure
- Automation of infrastructure tasks.
- Together with our other DevOps ensuring the delivery of code quickly and safely into production, help building test automation infrastructure and related developer tools.
- Keep our production infrastructure running smoothly.
- Work closely together with our cross-functional development teams in a SCRUM environment.
Ideally you know or are familiar with
- Cloud infrastructure software/solutions like OpenStack or AWS.
- Kubernetes, Docker, OpsWorks and Terraform.
- Administrating, monitoring and writing basic queries for relational and nonrelational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Aerospike, ZooKeeper).
- Loadbalancers (Big IP, AWS ELB, HAProxy).
- Queuing (RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka).
- Web servers (nginx, Apache2)
- Version control (git), CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Travis CI), and configuration management and infrastructure automation software like Saltstack, Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience with configuring virtual development environments (Vagrant).
Your profile, ideally
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or scientific/technical field or at least 3 years of practical experience as a DevOps/systems engineer
- Already a master in Linux (especially Debian and Ubuntu) configuration and operation in large real or virtual datacenters
- Organized handling of parallel tasks and projects
- Fluent in written and spoken English. German is a plus :)